Apple TeaApple Tea has been known worldwide for its health benefits. It is basically made from black tea enhanced with flavor from apples. Apple tea is very popular in Turkey, considered a national staple drink. It is used mostly in households to accompany meals and it us usually drunk during the winter or as an ice tea during summer.
The constituents of apple tea include antioxidants (catechin, quercetin), minerals (magnesium, sodium, potassium), amino acids and vitamins B, C and E.
How To Make Apple Tea
Here are 2 ways in which you can brew Apple Tea:
1. Place 1 teaspoon of apple tea loose leaves in a cup of boiled water. Let it steep for about 3-4 minutes and then, using a strainer, pour the tea into your cup. To really enhance the flavor, you can sweeten it with honey.
2. To make apple tea combined with black tea, simply add dried slices of apple into freshly brewed black tea. Let the mix steep for about 5 minutes and enjoy!
Apple Tea Benefits
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Helps fight arthritis and other type of inflammations.
- May help reduce the risk of developing certain types of cancers, especially colon, lung and prostate due to its quercetin content.
- Helps lower bad cholesterol levels.
Apple Tea Side Effects
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid drinking apple tea.
- Apple tea may cause allergic reactions to people who are sensitive to the Rosaceae family.
- Apple tea may interact with the effects of some medications, so make sure you always consult your doctor before drinking apple tea.
Apple Tea is a healthy tea with an amazing flavor. Just enjoy its benefits and make sure you won't experience its side effects!